It has come to my attention that there are numerous incidents of Perfect Money hacking due to phishing site that can also be found on Google. This is very alarming since it can make everyone believe that you are clicking the genuine website since it is on google. It is unfortunate that there were already victims and not everyone are aware of this phishing thing.
So please make sure that when you are accessing your Perfect Money or any other payment processor account, make sure to type in the proper website in your URL bar or bookmark the correct website to avoid getting screwed on phishing links. As you can see on the screenshot, the phishing site is on top over the real Perfect Money's real website. So if we are not vigilant and careful enough then surely you may think that the first one is real.. that's where the headache starts and say goodbye to your money.
Kindly check the difference when clicking the phishing and the genuine site.
You will notice that the the phishing site is some kind of an IP address.
Always pay attention to the URL of a website. Malicious websites may look identical to a legitimate site, but the URL may use a variation in spelling or a different domain (e.g., .com vs. .net, ip address instead of domain name).
This is the real site showing the correct website of Perfect Money.
More Tips to Avoid Being Victim of Phishing:
1. Avoid clicking any links from unknown person like in facebook or emails.
2. Avoid filling out forms in e-mail messages.
3. Protect yourself through education and thorough evaluation. Do not trust everything you read.
4. Verify the legitimacy of the company or a program first before acting. What’s the rush? A simple phone call or verification may make all the difference.
5. Be vigilant all the time to phishing messages. Reputable companies do not contact their customers via e-mail to request that they update their files or to verify an account or security setting.
6. Install and maintain anti-virus software, firewalls, and email filters to reduce some of this traffic. Take advantage of any anti-phishing features offered by your email client and web browser.
7. Change your password every now and then or if you feel your account is being compromised.
8. Activate your email's second security feature so you will get notified through SMS when someone is trying to access your email. In that way you might have time to change your passwords before the hacker does it and take all your money in your payment processors linked to it.
Kaperahan Dot Biz